Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fun with Friends

Today Eli and I headed to the mall to meet up with some friends from church. We had fun playing in the play area for a bit, and then went shopping. Eli got a new shirt and some shoes. All the shoes I have, and not ONE pair fit him! I have a ton of size 2, and a ton of size 4, but no 3's...now I have a size 3 though :) He really doesn't need them, but I thought one pair of 'church shoes' was called for :)
Anyway...here's some pictures from our excursion.
Olivia is the mover of the group-the only one that has mastered crawling. It made it a little difficult to get a 'group shot', but it was fun trying :)

Olivia liked the mirror :)


Creed is sitting up SO well! He can even get into a sitting position on his own, Jenn said! Very impressive!

Pals!


Sharin' stories that only they understand...


Okay...sorry Christine...I know I should have jumped up and grabbed her as she tried to eat the giant ice cream cone, but she was so quick! I didn't even realize what she was doing until the picture was shot :) She's a girl after my own heart, though...eatin' ice cream every chance she can get!


Won't be long until she's doing that on her own!
We got home around 2 and Eli went down for a (too short...) nap. I clean the house a bit and then played with Eli after he got up.
One thing about going to the mall today was that I didn't get to run this morning. HOWEVER, when Edgar got home, I DID go. In fact, I went 2.5 miles and ran. every. step. YAHOO! It took me 31 minutes 10 seconds. That's about a 12 minute mile...which isn't great, but I'll take it :) I was pretty happy with myself. I figure that if I can go 2.5 miles, I can probably go 3, (I will say, I went without the stroller, so it was a bit easier) and once you can go 3 you can go 5...and once you can go 5 you can go 10...and once you can go 10 you can do a half marathon...and once you can do a half, you can do a whole...now there are many many months in this progression...but I feel like I'm finally on the right track. Oh...and I ran up the giant hill. Hooray for me! :) We'll see what I can do Friday with the stroller :)
Anyway, I should go. Still working on those August pictures for Kodak...I should finish them up tonight!

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

great work, Rochel!

MaranathaMom said...

Which mall is this? You'd like International's playground...it is a call field for the Baby Rays!