This year I was able to help out at VBS. I got to teach the 2 & 3 year old class. It was SUPER fun. A lot of work...but a lot of fun. It was fun teaching all of Eli's buddies :)
There was lots of dancing :) Every day for 30 minutes we went to music time where the kids learned 6 songs and motions. I'm not sure how much of the songs the 2 & 3 year-olds actually learned, but they had a BLAST running around to the very loud, very fun music. Ryan actually taught the class, and he was very good with the kids. Thanks for putting up with the crazy toddlers, Ryan! It was amazing to me how much of the songs Eli actually picked up on. I play the music and he does sing along to some of the words. It's very cute!
There was also a LOT of painting.
We painted every day. Edgar let me borrow some old shirts of his for the kids to wear...though Olivia didn't want to put them on :) The painting is pretty much what got Olivia in the door :) I think she had a good time (and according to Christine, still asks to go to 'BBS' :) Love that kid!)
We had snack time every day. This is also when I told the Bible story. The kids would actually sit still and listen when they had something to eat :)
There was lots of dancing :) Every day for 30 minutes we went to music time where the kids learned 6 songs and motions. I'm not sure how much of the songs the 2 & 3 year-olds actually learned, but they had a BLAST running around to the very loud, very fun music. Ryan actually taught the class, and he was very good with the kids. Thanks for putting up with the crazy toddlers, Ryan! It was amazing to me how much of the songs Eli actually picked up on. I play the music and he does sing along to some of the words. It's very cute!
There was also a LOT of painting.
We painted every day. Edgar let me borrow some old shirts of his for the kids to wear...though Olivia didn't want to put them on :) The painting is pretty much what got Olivia in the door :) I think she had a good time (and according to Christine, still asks to go to 'BBS' :) Love that kid!)
We had snack time every day. This is also when I told the Bible story. The kids would actually sit still and listen when they had something to eat :) 
No comments:
Post a Comment