Monday, January 24, 2011

Day at the Museum

We just recently got a new children's museum here in town. I've been wanting to go since it opened, but had not had the chance. Eli loves the commercials for it, so when I told him we were going this morning, he seemed excited. I was hoping it was age appropriate for him-I didn't know if the exhibits would be too 'old' for him or not. He LOVED it. We were there for almost 3 hours and he played hard the whole time. Enjoy some pictures of our day :) When you first go in there is a big water exhibit. Eli could have stayed there the entire time and been happy. I literally had to drag him away to go up to the second floor where our group was.


I love the coats they have for the kids to help keep them dry. Eli managed to still get wet, but not nearly as bad as if he didn't have it on.

Once we got upstairs Eli spent the next half-hour (at least) in this room. It was a little stage where the kids could play sound affects (or is it effects?) and change the lighting. He was quite entertaining on the stage. He was so excited. It was pretty cute :) Trying to upload a video of him on 'stage'...we'll see if that actually happens...

This is the board where the kids could play sounds and change the lights.

After leaving one stage he quickly found another...this was a dance floor. Loved that one too :)

There was a fire truck that you could push a button for siren noises and horns. He liked putting the hat on...backwards. This was a favorite with a lot of the kids there, so Eli had a bit of a hard time 'sharing', but he did okay :) Just glad the museum wasn't very busy today :)

Leah was with us too. She did amazingly well. She sat in the stroller for most of it and just looked around, sucking on her fingers :)
Picking flowers. When he first saw this, he picked a flower up and said 'I luv it! I love flowers!' It was so cute.
Listening to the sounds our bodies make...
A body puzzle
Some X-Rays
A place to make rubbings
And of course a shape wall :)
And what do ya know...the video loaded :)
Enjoy Eli's theatrics.

Super fun day. We got an annual pass, so we'll be going back. There was a lot more there that Eli didn't even go to, so hopefully future pictures won't look exactly the same...but if I know my kid, he finds what he likes, and keeps going back to the same place :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Can we trade kids one day? I took them to the mcd's playplace today and pretty much had a repeat of yesterday. I think this is going to be one of those weeks.