Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Misc....

I know...I have been terrible about updating lately. It's not like nothing has been going on...I just am never in the mood to post once Eli goes to bed...I just want to watch TV...or maybe go to bed :) But with our baby set to arrive 34 hours from now (holy smokes!) I figured I'd get this caught up in one post...one post that should be 4, but I'm gonna sum it up in one :)
My Mother-in-Law & Krista threw a shower for me. This is the cake Krista made...gorgeous, as usual.
The 'crew' that came :) Thanks, Carly, for the bunny ears :)

I made some cookies for a baby shower...and attended that shower. It was for my friend who was due a day after my scheduled C-Section...but she beat me to it. Her little boy is already home-can't wait to meet him!
Katie turned FOUR! I can't believe how fast she's grown up! It seems like just yesterday I was taking bagels to Krista in the hospital and meeting this little girl! Katie had a 'Hello Kitty' birthday party-it was SO cute. Krista made this cake too...along with cookies, and a TON of other stuff. Seriously...she needs to be a party planner...

Eli enjoyed the balloons. He had so much fun at the party-we all did!
I've been busy getting things ready for me to take some time off from a few things-like Sunday School and the Algebra II class I teach. It really took longer than I thought to get the stuff set up for a sub...why is it that taking time off is harder than actually just doing it yourself? :) I am VERY glad to have a few weeks off, though, so it was worth it. We've also been trying to get the house ready for our baby girl. Edgar miraculously finished the baby's room. I am SO proud of him. It was something we didn't think would get done, but he worked incredibly hard to get it finished. It looks so pretty. I still have a few things to do in it-like hanging up pictures and decorating a little more...and making a quilt for the bed, but the crib is set up, and her 'stuff' is in the room. I know...I should have pictures...but I don't. I'll get some later and be sure to post it. It's really beautiful. Thank you Edgar!!!!
And lastly, I will leave you with a little video of Eli giving his cousin, Isaac, a kiss :) They were giving each other kisses-it was super cute-but they stopped after I got the camera out...of course.

I may or may not post again before the baby arrives...we'll see. Mom arrives in an hour, and we have a fun day planned tomorrow, so I just might bring the camera with us :)

No comments: