Saturday, May 12, 2012

5.12.2012 A Well Deserved Party

A few weeks back Jennifer called and told me that Ryan was going up to surprise mom at her surprise retirement party.  After talking to Edgar, we decided that I would go up too and take the kids with me and stay for a bit.  We arrived on Saturday in time for the party.
 Uncle Ryan is always a favorite among the cousins :)  Rick and Kristi and their kids didn't know we were coming either, so it was fun surprising everyone.



 The party planners :)

 SURPRISE!!  I think you can tell she was quite surprised.  Dad had taken her to a movie and then they were going to go out for dinner.  After the movie, dad started dragging his feet and said he didn't feel good and thought they should just go home...he said he felt like he was going to throw up.  He was very convincing :)  I think that's where Ryan gets all of his acting skills from...

 I think this is my favorite picture from the day :)  She was so surprised at the party, and very surprised to see Ryan...

 ...and us too :)

Happy Retirement mom!!  You deserve a break!  I look forward to seeing your many handmade creations that you will do in your 'spare time'. 

No comments: