Monday, October 13, 2008

A fun weekend

What a wonderful weekend I just had! My mother-in-law threw a shower for me on Saturday, and it was such a nice evening. I received so many things for Eli :) I am currently going through it all and putting it away...a bigger job than I first anticipated...I am going through all of his 0-3 month clothes and washing them (I hear moms do that for the first baby, and not for the rest...figured I had better not break tradition). Once the laundry is done, I can finish packing my bags for the hospital, and be ready to go!!! (Not really until after the 11th, though, cuz mom and dad NEED to be here :) ) The shower was fabulous! The food was fantastic--Ruth made most of it. It was Spanish food, which is always a big hit with me. Now I just have to learn how to cook it all...Krista made a GORGEOUS cake, and some sugar cookies cut into baby shapes. My mother-in-law made little baby rattles out of rice crispy treats as well for the kids that were there (and any adult that could get their hands on one...yes...I ate one...yum!) [As you notice, there are no pictures of any of this. Unfortunately our camera has died, so all of the pictures we took at the shower didn't show up...so we'll be camera shopping soon. Jennifer and Ruth both took several pictures, though, and I am hoping to get some from them, so as soon as I do I will post them.] It was really fun to see some friends that I haven't seen in a long time. There were so many people there, and it was fun to talk to them. I am still working on getting to know Edgar's family and friends better, and got to talk to a lot of them more than I ever have before. I had a great evening.
Sunday was also a nice day. For the first time in quite a while Edgar and I were able to get home a little early from church, rather than staying for both services. It was nice to be done with lunch by noon :) We went to Target and Babies 'R Us and bought a few things off of the registry that I thought I might need if the baby comes early. That was kind of fun to shop for stuff myself. I bought the CUTEST little diaper caddy (again, sorry no picture). It's funny the things that I have gotten that are 'favorites'...I have about 47 of them... :) After we were finished shopping on the ridiculously hot October day we went over to Eliud & Kirsta's house and picked up Eli's crib! I am so excited to have it! Hopefully we will get it put together soon, and we can figure out how we are going to arrange the room. Krista also gave us a BUNCH of baby toys, which is a blessing. I suddenly realized I have no idea what babies like to play with, and it occurred to me that as entertaining as I am, I probably will need some help in the toy department :) So it is good to have a few things that Eli can play with.
Today I am just working on the baby's room, and then I have my doctor's appointment at 1:30--my 36 week appointment! Only 4 weeks left! I am kind of excited to be going today. It seems like the 'next step' as this starts my once a week appointments. I see the last doctor in the practice today, so after today I will probably just see Dr. Qureshi, as she is hopefully the one that will deliver Eli.
Anyway, that's my weekend. It was very fun, and like I said before, I'll get pictures up as soon as I get them :)

No comments: