Thursday, April 7, 2011

This and That

This is one of those random posts where I throw pictures from several different things and smash it all into one entry. I just don't feel like spliting it up :) These two are so much fun. They really do like playing together...as much as they are able to anyway. Eli was trying to steal Leah's pacifier, so I gave him his old pacifier from a long time ago...before he found his thumb. Leah checking Eli's out.
They are so funny :)
Eli trying to give Leah a 'pacifier kiss'. He loves giving her hugs...they are a little scary for mom sometimes :) But so far he hasn't really hurt her, so hug away :)

On Tuesday of this week I came home from my class and the electric pole in our back yard was buzzing and sparking...I could see little flames coming off of it, and smoke was coming off of it. I called the electric company, and they told me to call 911...so I did. We had a big 'ol firetruck in front of our house. By then it was no longer sparking (of course). I felt kinda stupid for calling 911, but in my defense, the electric company TOLD me to...this is what the pole looked like:
So they came out and fixed it...leaving nice ruts in our yard. But at least there is no fire threat :)
Here is the repaired pole. I am sure you were interested :)

This week was a cookie week for me.
Eli was checking them out. I'm amazed he didn't sneak one. Obedient boy...
When I asked Renae what cookies Keira wanted, she just said 'pink'. So, I made 3 shades of pink and made her some flowers :) (The lightest shade of pink looks white in this picture...but it is pink)

Happy Birthday Keira!
Kristi said that both Julean and Matthias were Lightning McQueen fans, and that they both would enjoy them. So I made a bunch of these :)
This is the third year I've made Lightning McQueen cookies for Julean...every year they get a little bit more detail. Kristi said they would like Mater cookies too, but I just didn't have time to get that together. BUT, next time I go up there, I will have to make THESE for them!
I also heard that Julean loves ducks right now, so I made him a few of these :) Super easy, but I thought they turned out cute.

That's really pretty much been our week. Playing, and making cookies. I've been enjoying listening to the Tigers over the internet-so glad baseball season has started! However, the game I'm listening to right now is not going well. Perhaps I should just go to bed...but then, what kind of fan would I be? Plus, it's the ninth inning...

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

1. The kids playing together= adorable. They really remind me of Ben and Carly at those ages, perhaps because if Leah closes her brown eyes, she really looks like Carly! And they played EXACTLY like that.
2. Truthfully, I was looking at that electric pole Friday night at your house and thought, "Sure hope that doesn't catch fire". So, sorry about that. If you would like, I will start thinking, "Sure hope Rochel finds a million dollars in her back yard" now.
3. Cookies. You need to go into business girl. Ri-di-cu-lous. Carly has Big Plans for the Japan cookies.